We hope you are settling into the new semester well! We have a great month ahead of us and a lot of wonderful events. One of the events we’re most excited about is the Midtown Pool Party! We’ll have food and games to play while having fun in the sun. We can’t wait! Also this month, we’ll be celebrating National Coffee Day and Positive Thinking Day. So come out to all of the amazing events and have a happy September! Eat ’em up, Kats!
You can submit service requests through your resident portal or by calling the office. Please be very specific to aid in the accuracy and efficiency of the service being completed.
Reminders and Updates
You must have your parking permit on your front windshield to be able to park on the property. All visitors must have either a $25 parking hang tag with the correct sticker on it, a free paper pass stamped from the office during office hours, or park in the visitor section in the back of the property. All others will be towed.
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you are sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process, if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being — the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Midtown Learning Series — Tuesday, September 17 from 2–3 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse to enjoy a cheesecake bite and learn a little about adulting!
Midtown Pool Party — Thursday, September 19 from 5–7 p.m. — Join us at the pool to relax in the sun and enjoy a hot dog with the Midtown family!
Smoothie Bar — Tuesday, September 24 from 1–2 p.m. — Come by the clubhouse to grab a smoothie and take a photo with us! #fitfunwithMidtown
Makeup and Desserts — Thursday, September 26 — Bring your favorite makeup to the clubhouse and get glam with us while eating desserts!