It’s officially the fall semester! That means packages with textbooks will be flooding the office. If you have a package in the office, you will get a text message and email from us. We’re wishing everyone a happy start of the semester, so don’t forget about the free coffee and the cool places to do your homework in the clubhouse. Don’t forget to check your email for any updates or upcoming events.
Now that school is in session, it’s important to make sure all guests have a visitor pass when staying overnight to avoid being towed.
Reminders and Updates
- Rent is due on the 1st of every month. You can pay in person with a check or money order, or pay online via your resident portal.
- It’s HOT outside! Please make sure to not have any furry friends or glass with you when entering the pool area.
- Don’t forget that you can avoid the line in the library for printing by printing for free in our 24-hour study lounge.
- Our gym and study lounge are open 24 hours! Don’t forget: The code to get inside the clubhouse is 1234*.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
- Build Your Credit — September 13 from 10 a.m.–7 p.m. — Come by the clubhouse for an information sheet about credit and our awesome new feature, RentTrack!
- Popsicle N Poolin’ — September 21 from noon–2 p.m. — Enjoy some free popsicles by the pool!
- Scavenger Hunt — September 26 from 2–4 p.m. — X marks the spot for our Scavenger Hunt! Start at the clubhouse for the first hint and you can win an awesome treasure.